Contact our Student Services Office for more information about the programs: clasp–firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of the graduate programs has its own application procedures and requirements. Please see the instructions for your specific program listed below.
- Undergraduate degree with sufficiently high GPA, see GPA guidelines below
- Completed GRE test, no minimum is imposed on the score. We require only the general test, not a subject test, but good scores on a subject test in a relevant area is considered an advantage. GRE Test Codes: 0806 Planetary Science; 0501 Atmospheric Science; 1839 School Number. GRE subject tests are not required.
- International students need to have completed TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS tests. Required TOEFL score is 230 or better (computer test) or 84 or better (Internet-based test). If your undergraduate program instruction language was exclusively in English, the TOEFL requirement can be waived.
Undergraduate prerequisite courses for the PhD program
- Four terms of calculus, including one term of differential equations
- Two terms of physics with lab
- One course in computer programming, preferably Fortran or C
For a description of each program please click on the individual program pages. For program requirements please see the College of Engineering’s Bulletin.
Atmospheric and Space
Climate and Space
|GRE codes (School # 1839):||0806 Planetary Science|
0501 Atmospheric Science
|TOEFL codes:||75 Oceanography|
|Applications submitted to:||CoE||CoE||Rackham||Rackham|
|Deadline for fall admissions:||February 1st||February 1st||February 1st||December 15th|
|Deadline for winter admissions:||October 1st||October 1st||Fall Admission Only||Fall Admission Only|
All applicants are required to submit transcripts to Rackham. It is your responsibility to request the release of any records from the institutions. Official documents must be provided from the institution awarding the degree. Please mail one set of transcripts to:
Rackham Graduate School
Attn: Transcripts/UMID# (if known) or Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
915 E. Washington St
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1070
Telephone: (734) 764-8129
NOTE: All credentials submitted for admission consideration become the property of the University of Michigan and will not be returned in original or copy form.