- Ph.D. Atmospheric Sciences University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- M.S. Atmospheric Sciences, 2013 University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
- B.S. Physics, Summa Cum Laude, 2010 University of Puerto Rico-Mayagüez, Mayagüez, PR, USA, Enrico Fermi Medal, highest graduating GPA in Physics
- CLIMATE/EARTH 401: Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Tropical Meteorology
- Atmospheric dynamics
- General circulation of the atmosphere
- Climate variability and change
- Tropical Convection
- Tropical-extratropical teleconnections
I seek to further our understanding of the physical processes that drive the atmosphere, especially those of the tropics. Being born and raised in Puerto Rico, I share a personal connection with tropical dynamics, from what causes precipitation on a regional scale to the tropical waves that often carry rainfall. As my knowledge has expanded, I have grown interested in other topics such as climate variability and change and how the midlatitudes and the tropics interact.
- Kavli Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences, 2019.
- AGU’s James R. Holton Award, 2018
- UW GO-MAP Stroum Minority Fellowship, 2015.
- NSF Graduate Research Fellow, 2011-2014.