On June 28, 2022, the U-M Department of Climate and Space held its annual Decadal and Staff Appreciation Day to celebrate the contributions staff make to the department, the college, and the university.
Held in person for the first time in over two years, the ceremony gave department leaders an opportunity to recognize milestone anniversaries, retirements, and staff excellence. The award ceremony was postponed during the global pandemic, so two Outstanding Staff Awards were given to staff members to honor their hard work and professional contributions.
Jodi Holbrook, intermediate administrative assistant, and Josh Synowiec, lab manager, both received the Outstanding Staff Award for demonstrating excellence in their service to the Department of Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering.
The staff members honored in 2022 also included:
- Lindsay Coleman, 10 years of service
- Eidilia Thomas, 10 years of service
- Rachel Long, 20 years of service
- Faye Ogasawara, 20 years of service
- Deborah Eddy, who marks 40 years of service before she will celebrate retirement
- Marti Moon, who marks a rare 55-year anniversary
Congratulations to all of the decadal and award honorees!