Climate & Space Research Building 2455 Hayward Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2143
- 2018 – 2022: PhD Climate & Space Sciences and Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- 2014 – 2016: M.S.E. Civil Engineering (Hydrology and Hydraulics), University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- 2008 – 2012: B.E. Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering elective), National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan
- Atmosphere – Cryosphere – Hydrosphere interactions
- High-altitude climates and glaciology
- Mountain glaciers
- Regional hydroclimates
- Inland water bodies
- CMIP assessments
- Earth system modeling
- Visiting researcher, Climate and Global Dynamics Lab NCAR (2021)
- Graduate Student Research Assistant, CLaSP UMich (2018 – present)
- Research Associate, CEE UMich (2016 – 2018, telework)
- Research Affiliate, CEE Colorado State University (2015)
- Graduate Student Instructor, CLIMATE 105 Our Changing Atmosphere (Winter 2021)
I have over 5-years of professional experience working in various sectors under the water-environment-climate nexus including: water resources management, design of small dams and irrigation master plans, GIS and topographic surveying, and development practices encompassing various aspects of science-based policy, programme development, and project design and implementation.
- Reviewer: Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of Hydrology, Monthly Weather Review, Journal of Hydrometeorology
- Session convener and chair: Lakes and Inland Water Bodies (AGU Fall Meeting 2020, 2021)
- Interview panel: Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (2017, 2018)
- Scholarship selection committee: Fulbright Program Pakistan (2017)
- Jury member: Commonwealth Youth Awards (2012, 2013)
- Country Ambassador and Asia Region Representative, Commonwealth Youth Programme (2010 – 2013)
- Rackham Predoctoral Fellowship in Physical Sciences and Engineering (2020 – 2021)
- UCAR Next Generation Fellowship in Earth System Sciences (2020 – 2022)
- Outstanding Student Paper Award, AGU Fall Meeting (2019)
- Rackham Graduate Student Research Grant (2019)
- Michigan Institute for Computational Discovery and Engineering (MICDE) Fellowship (2018 – 2019)
- Fulbright Scholarship (2014 – 2016)
- NUST undergraduate merit awards (2010 – 2012)
- Fry L. M., Gronewold A. D., Seglenieks F., Minallah S., Apps D., & Ferguson J. (2022). Navigating Great Lakes Hydroclimate Data. Frontier in Water, 4:803869. doi: 10.3389/frwa.2022.803869
- Minallah, S., & Steiner, A. L. (2021). The Effects of Lake Representation on the Regional Hydroclimate in the ECMWF Reanalyses, Monthly Weather Review, 149(6), 1747-1766.
- Minallah, S., & Steiner, A. L. (2021). Analysis of the Atmospheric Water Cycle for the Laurentian Great Lakes Region Using CMIP6 Models, Journal of Climate, 34(12), 4693-4710.
- Minallah, S., & Steiner, A. L. (2021). Role of the Atmospheric Moisture Budget in Defining the Precipitation Seasonality of the Great Lakes Region, Journal of Climate, 34(2), 643-657.
- Minallah, S., & Ivanov, V. Y. (2019). Interannual Variability and Seasonality of Precipitation in the Indus River Basin, Journal of Hydrometeorology, 20(3), 379-395.
- Minallah, S., & Steiner, A. L. (2021). Atmospheric Moisture Budget of the Great Lakes Region. 2021 Great Lakes Climate Modeling Workshop
- Minallah, S., & Steiner, A. L. (2020). Understanding the Hydroclimatic Drivers of Harmful Algal Blooms in the Laurentian Great Lakes Region. AGU Fall Meeting 2020.