Adjunct Assistant Research Scientist
Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering
2418Climate & Space Research Building University of Michigan 2455 Hayward Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2143
Interaction of weakly magnetized bodies with their surrounding environment (including Mars and Titan).
Effect of ICMEs on the upper atmosphere of Mars.
Data analysis and simulations (test-particle, MHD).
1. E. Roussos, P. Kollmann, N. Krupp, A. Kotova, L. H. Regoli, C. Paranicas, D. G. Mitchell, S. M. Krimigis, D. Hamilton, P. Brandt, J. Carbary, S. Christon, K. Dialynas, I. Dandouras, M. E. Hill, W. H. Ip, G. H. Jones, S. Livi, B. H. Mauk, B. Palmaerts, E. C. Roelof, A. Rymer, N. Sergis and H. T. Smith, “A radiation belt of energetic protons located between Saturn and its rings”, Science, doi: 10.1126/science.aat1962, October 2018.
2. K. Dialynas, E. Roussos, L. H. Regoli, C. P. Paranicas, S. M. Krimigis, M. Kane, D. G. Mitchell, D. C. Hamilton and N. Krupp, “Energetic ion moments and plasmasheet polytropic index in Saturn’s magnetosphere using Cassini/MIMI measurements: A simple model based on k-Distribution functions”, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi: 10.1029/2018JA025820, September 2018.
3. L. H. Regoli, C. Dong, Y. Ma, E. Dubinin, S. W. Bougher and D. T. Welling, “Multi-species and multi-fluid MHD approaches for the study of ionospheric escape at Mars”, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi: 10.1029/2017JA025117, August 2018.
4. L. Liuzzo, S. Simon and L. Regoli, “Energetic ion dynamics near Callisto”, Planetary and Space Science, doi: 10.1016/j.pss.2018.07.014, August 2018.
5. N. J. T. Edberg, E. Vigren, D. Snowden, L. H. Regoli, O. Shebanits, J.-E. Wahlund, D. J. Andrews, C. Bertucci and J. Cui, “Large electron density changes in Titan’s nightside ionosphere between the T118 and T119 Cassini flybys”, Geophysical Research Letters, doi: 10.1029/2018GL078436, July 2018.
6. L. H. Regoli, E. Roussos, J. G. Luhmann, K. Dialynas, X. Jia, A. Azari, N. Krupp, G. H. Jones and A. J. Coates, “Energetic plasma environment at Titan’s orbit using the Magnetospheric Imaging Instrument (MIMI)”, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi: 10.1029/2018JA025442, May 2018.
7. L. H. Regoli, M. B. Moldwin, M. Pellioni, K. A. Hite, B. Bronner, A. Sheinker and B. Ponder, “Investigation of a low-cost magneto-inductive magnetometer for space science applications”, Geoscientific Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems, doi: 10.5194/gi-7-129-2018, March 2018.
8. R. T. Desai, S. A. Taylor, L. H. Regoli, A. J. Coates, T. A. Nordheim, M. A. Cordiner, B. Teolis, M. F. Thomsen, R. E. Johnson, G. H. Jones, M. M. Cowee and J. H. Waite (2018), “Cassini CAPS identification of pickup ion compositions at Rhea”, Geophysical Research Letters, doi: 10.1002/2017GL076588, January 2018.
9. P. Kollmann, E. Roussos, A. Kotova, L. H. Regoli, D. G. Mitchell, J. Carbary, G. Clark, N. Krupp and C. Paranicas (2018), “Saturn’s innermost radiation belt throughout and inward of the D-ring”, Geophysical Research Letters, doi: 10.1029/2018GL077954.
10. L. H. Regoli, A. J. Coates, M. F. Thomsen, G. H. Jones, E. Roussos, J. H. Waite, N. Krupp and G. Cox (2016), “Survey of pickup ion signatures in the vicinity of Titan using CAPS/IMS”, Journal of Geophysical Research, doi: 10.1002/2016JA022617, August 2016.
11. L. H. Regoli, E. Roussos, M. Feyerabend, G. H. Jones, N. Krupp, A. J. Coates, S. Simon, U. Motschmann and M. K. Dougherty (2015), “Access of energetic particles to Titan’s exobase: a study of Cassini’s T9 flyby”, Planetary and Space Science, doi:10.1016/j.pss.2015.11.013, December 2015.
12. L. Regoli, K. Ravandoor, M. Schmidt and K. Schilling (2014), “On-Line Robust Pose Estimation for Rendezvous and Docking in Space Using Photonic Mixer Devices”, Acta Astronautica, Vol. 96, pp. 159 – 165.