(Grad-school Readiness Experience and After Training)
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI – April 17, 2020
Students from all institutions are invited to apply to attend this one-day workshop. Participants will learn about the graduate school application process, the grad school experience, and how to translate that experience into opportunities.
Apply to Attend:
In order to apply you’ll need to know your current GPA, and have an unofficial transcript ready to upload.
*Information about how to apply for the Spring, 2020 workshop coming soon*
*Consideration of applications will begin on January 15, 2020*
- How to pick the right graduate school and program for you. (Faculty led panel)
- Putting together your application package. (Small group meetings with faculty)
- Lunch with current graduate students
- What do you actually do in graduate school?(both student and faculty perspectives)
- What research opportunities are there here at Climate & Space?
- Career panel about opportunities in academia, government and industry after grad school.
- 9:00-9:30 AM: Welcome! Introduction to the Department and Workshop goals
::Theme 1: I knew I was forgetting something! What to do before you get to grad school
- 9:30-10:00 AM: How to pick the right graduate school and program for you (Faculty led panel).
- 10:00-11:00 AM: Applying to graduate school (Panel led by Admissions Chairs).
- 11:00-12:00 PM: Putting together your application package (Small group meetings with faculty.
- 12:00-1:00 PM: Lunch with current graduate students
::Theme 2: Now what? What happens once you are in grad school
- 1:00-2:00 PM: What do you actually do in graduate school (student perspective)?
- 2:00-2:30 PM: What do you actually do in graduate school (faculty perspective)?
- 2:30:3:00 PM: What research opportunities are there here?
- 3:00-3:30 PM: Coffee and individual meetings.
- 3:30-4:00 PM: Laboratory tour of facilities at Climate and Space research Building
::Theme 3: Well, that was fun. What do you now that you’ve finished grad school?
- 4:00-5:00 PM: We will conclude the day with a panel about career opportunities in academia, government and industry after grad school.
Workshop Faculty Contact: Jeremy Bassis, Associate Professor: email@example.com