[ Download CV ]
Phone: (734) 615-5362
Fax: (734) 615-9723
[ Link to website ]
- M.S. in Physics and Translation of Technical English, Eotvos Uninversity, Hungary, 1989.
- Ph.D. in Astrophysical Sciences, Princeton University, 1993
Algorithm and code development for space and plasma physics simulations.
- Leading role in the development of Space Weather Modeling Framework that can couple and execute about a dozen different space physics models modeling domains from the surface of the Sun to the upper atmosphere of the Earth.
- Developer of the BATS-R-US code, a multi-physics and multi-application MHD code using block-adaptive grids.
- Software architect for the Center for Radiative Shock Hydrodynamics. The center's work involves modeling radiative shocks created by high energy lasers.
- Design and implementation of the Versatile Advection Code, a general purpose publically available hydrodynamics and MHD code.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- Research Faculty Achievement Award, University of Michigan, 2008
- Bolyai Fellowship of the the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1997-1999
- Postdoctoral Fellowship of the Hungarian Science Foundation, 1997-1999
- Undergraduate Fellowship of the Hungarian Republic, 1987