- BSc, Earth Sciences with a spec. in Geophysics, Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary
- MSc, Space Technology, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
Specializations and Research Interests
- MHD and kinetic scale physics of the solar wind
- Solar wind interaction with unmagnetized bodies
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- Outstanding Student Poster (OSP) Award - Planetary and Solar System Sciences, Assembly of the European Geosciences Union, Vienna, Austria, 2015
- My paper on the induced magnetosphere of Venus was highlighted by the editorial board of the Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics.
Papers as first author:
1. Vech, D. & C.H.K. Chen, Testing the effects of expansion on solar wind turbulence, Astrophysical Journal Letters, 2016.
2. Vech, D., G. Stenberg, H. Nilsson, N. Edberg, A. Opitz, K. Szegő, T.L. Zhang, Statistical features of the global polarity reversal of the Venusian induced magnetosphere in response to the polarity change in IMF, Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, , 2016.
3. Vech, D., K. Szegő, A. Opitz, P. Kajdic, E. Kallio, M. Alho, Space weather effects on the bow shock, the magnetic barrier and the ion composition boundary at Venus, Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, , 2015.