SPRL Engineers and Staff
Senior Electronics Technician
- Associate Degree Electronics Technology - Washtenaw Community College
- Associate Degree Digital Technology-WCC
- Associate Degree General Education-WCC
- Certificate in Computer Aided Design
NASA flight electronics/mechanical fabrication and custom magnetics components.
Flight instrument and custom magnetics fabrication and testing.
- Technical support for CLASP and EECS Radiowave and Link Design class
Specializations and Research Interests
- NASA flight quality electronics and mechanical fabrication, prototyping, testing, documentation and engineering field support.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
NASA Goddard/JPL/UM SPRL Hand Solder, SMT and ESD training
- Goddard/JPL Staking and Conformal Coating training with instructor certification
- Used AutoCad, Inventor and SolidWorks applications in support of project documentation.
- Learn to Return Arctic Survival School with Wilderness Medicine/CPR/Rescue Breathing
- SOLO Wilderness Medicine and Red Cross Certifications, Field skills, Aviation/Bear Safety
- US Antarctic Survival School, Snowcraft I McMurdo Station
- EECS/GG Brown and Wilson Center machine shop training classes on drill press, cutting, lathe, Bridgeport, and welding, OSEH respirator qualified
- Tau Beta Pi Outstanding Non-teaching staff, NSF and Navy Antarctic Service medals
- Group achievement awards for several satellite projects
- SPRL merit awards 9/88, 2/90, 5/91, Outstanding AOSS Staff Award 2014
- MDOT certification
- Ted Kennedy Family Team Excellence Award(CYGNSS)
- Team captain of the Active U team Climate and Space Cadets, fall 16
- Five FCC licenses including amateur radio Extra Class
- Member of W8UM and ARROW amateur radio clubs and ARRL and AMSAT
A Hot Afternoon In Greenland was published in the September 2000 issue of Amateur Radio Relay League Journal. While on remote tech support assignment of a UM ClaSP(AOSS) space weather project in Greenland. I operated portable satellite amateur radio from central Greenland. This was probably the first amateur satellite radio operations from central Greenland.
Author of The Solder Challenge which is an introductory workshop for hand soldering.
Author of Intro To Amateur Satellite Tracking with NOVA. Familiar with GPredict and Ham Radio Deluxe.
Several fabrication technical prodcedures.