SPRL Engineers and Staff
Senior Electronics Technician
- Certificate in Computer Aided Design
- Associate Degree Electronics Technology - Washtenaw Community College
- Associate Degree Digital Technology-WCC
- Associate Degree General Education-WCC
NASA flight electronics/mechanical fabrication and custom magnetics components.
Flight instrument and custom magnetics fabrication and testing.
- Technical support for EECS 430 Radiowave and Link Design and CLASP senior design classes.
Specializations and Research Interests
- NASA flight quality electronics and mechanical fabrication, prototyping, testing, documentation and engineering field support.
Honors, Awards and Accomplishments
- NASA Goddard/JPL/UM SPRL Hand Solder, SMT and ESD training
- NASA Polymerics Application Level B Instructor
- Goddard/JPL Staking and Conformal Coating training with instructor certification
- Used AutoCad, Inventor and SolidWorks applications in support of project documentation.
- Learn to Return Arctic Survival School with Wilderness Medicine/CPR/Rescue Breathing
- Field skills, Aviation/Bear Safety
- SOLO Wilderness Medicine and Red Cross Certifications
- US Antarctic Survival School, Snowcraft I McMurdo Station
- EECS/GG Brown and Wilson Center machine shop training classes on drill press and cutting, lathe, and Bridgeport, welding
- Tau Beta Pi Outstanding Non-teaching staff
- Group achievement awards for several satellite projects
- NSF and Navy Antarctic Service medals
- SPRL merit awards 9/88, 2/90, 5/91
- Five FCC licenses including amateur radio Extra Class
- Commercial Driver's License and MDOT certification
- Outstanding AOSS Staff Award 2014
- Ted Kennedy Family Team Excellence Award(CYGNSS)
- Team captian of the Active U team Climate and Space Cadets, winter 16
A Hot Afternoon In Greenland was published in the September 2000 issue of Amateur Radio Relay League Journal. While on remote tech support assignment of a UM AOSS space weather project in Greenland, I operated satellite amateur radio from central Greenland. This was probably the first amateur satellite radio operations from central Greenland.