Professor Mark Moldwin Receives the 2016 Waldo E. Smith Union Award
Posted: January 6, 2017
The award honors individuals who have played unique leadership roles in such diverse areas as scientific associations, education, legislation, research, public understanding of science, management, and philanthropy, and whose accomplishments have greatly strengthened and helped advance the geophysical sciences.
The Smith Award was originally established in 1982 as the Waldo E. Smith Medal, named in honor of Waldo E. Smith, whose dutiful efforts and service developed AGU into a vibrant, growing organization.
Read the full article here.
Congratulations, Professor Moldwin!
- Solar Probe Plus Mission on Track for 2018 Launch
- Professor Rood Discusses Collaborator Shian-Jiann Lin in Science Magazine
- MGU Student Research Symposium Awards 2017
- Bringing the Weather to the People: Founding Wunderground.com at SRB
- NASA’s CYGNSS Satellite Constellation Enters Science Operations Phase