Professor Mark Moldwin Receives the 2016 Waldo E. Smith Union Award
Posted: January 6, 2017
The award honors individuals who have played unique leadership roles in such diverse areas as scientific associations, education, legislation, research, public understanding of science, management, and philanthropy, and whose accomplishments have greatly strengthened and helped advance the geophysical sciences.
The Smith Award was originally established in 1982 as the Waldo E. Smith Medal, named in honor of Waldo E. Smith, whose dutiful efforts and service developed AGU into a vibrant, growing organization.
Read the full article here.
Congratulations, Professor Moldwin!
- Climate & Space Students Win AGU Outstanding Paper Award
- Professor Renno Receives 2017 Rackham Graduate School Master’s Mentoring Award
- Professor Joyce Penner Discusses Geoengineering in Christian Science Monitor Article
- Graduate Student Emily Yang Earns NSF Fellowship
- Ph.D Candidate Mentors Students at the National Center for Atmospheric Research