Professor Allison Steiner Named to NRC's Board of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate
Posted: October 24, 2016
The National Research Council (NRC) is the research arm of the National Academies of Sciences (NAS), Engineering (NAE), and Medicine (NAM). The NRC is administered jointly by the national academies, and its work is overseen by a governing board and an executive committee.
According to the group’s Mission statement, “The Board of Atmospheric Sciences and Climate is the focal point within the National Academies for activities related to the atmospheric and climate sciences, including issues related to technology, policy, applications, and services…. BASC strives to advance understanding of atmospheric science, meteorology, and climate; foster application of this knowledge to benefit the public; guide US research programs so they address key scientific opportunities and the needs of the nation; and ensure that the voice of the science community is considered in government planning and decision making.”
Congratulations Professor Steiner!
- Climate & Space Students Win AGU Outstanding Paper Award
- Professor Renno Receives 2017 Rackham Graduate School Master’s Mentoring Award
- Professor Joyce Penner Discusses Geoengineering in Christian Science Monitor Article
- Graduate Student Emily Yang Earns NSF Fellowship
- Ph.D Candidate Mentors Students at the National Center for Atmospheric Research